Chennai Kundalini Camp. 12-13 Jan, 2019
January 12, 2019 @ 10:00 am
January 13, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
English Kundalini Camp [12 - 13 Jan, 2019]
200 137 spots left.
Chennai [10am - 4pm]
“Normally shift of regional activity of brain is associated with, or is a product of, some shift in cognitive or motor function. We are intrigued by the fact that you can shift the surface activity on your brain without changing the type of mental or physical activity!”
o Dr. Ashish Sahani, ex-Harvard researcher, commenting on an EEG study done on my brain as I awakened the Kundalini.
“Doing a comparison study of other subjects with respect to your EEG we see that none of them have as distinct frontal lobe alpha and theta activity as yours. And your alpha activity is also extremely stable in the frontal regions especially during eye-closed position. Most subjects have randomly shifting EEG alpha and theta activity through the experiment. Two of the subjects with relatively long practice of meditation have stable alpha activity in one region but not in the frontal region.”
o An observation the researchers made when I held the serpent power (Kundalini) in my ajna chakra (brow plexus).
The practice of Kundalini awakening, also known as Shakti Chalana, is one of the most ancient yogic practices. There are as many schools of thought as practitioners and books out there. Some better than others. Based on numerous requests ever since the launch of my book Kundalini two years ago, I'm pleased to announce a Level-Three weekend retreat on Kundalini awakening.
There are many hatha yoga practices that have been associated with Kundalini sadhana. Notably, khechari mudra, bandhas (locks), pranayama, hasta mudras (hand locks) and some yogasanas. In this particular retreat, however, I won’t be covering these (those are for level four, five and six).
Instead, my focus will be to expose you to the method of pure kundalini awakening with seed syllables and colors and once you’ve traversed the path of Kundalini for at least about a year, you will be ready to gain from the practices above. This is a level three retreat which means you will only benefit truly if you have crossed the following two levels:
- First level: General familiarization with the philosophy of Kundalini. Ideally, you would have read and reflected on some kind of literature on this subject in the past. It is a prerequisite that you have a basic idea of what Kundalini is about. (Examples of texts include Tantraloka, Shatchakranirupani, Hatha yoga pradipika, Rudra yamalam or my own book, Kundalini etc. For more exposition, you could also read The Serpent Power by Arthur Avalon.)
- Second level: Minimum one hundred hours of practice. You must have practiced any form of meditation for at least a few months so that you are able to sit still and practice Kundalini meditation. Irrespective of where you learned mediation or what kind of meditation you do, as long as you meditate regularly, you are welcome to be a part of this retreat. Those of you, who have attended my meditation retreat in the past, you will benefit more.
There’s a reason I started with a testimonial from a researcher at the beginning of this announcement. And, it’s very simple: Away from theoretical expositions, I’ll be sharing with you the truth of kundalini based on my first-hand experience. Prolonged meditation done over a period of time automatically pierces the chakras as kundalini meets sahasrara. You can somewhat hasten the process by meditating correctly on your chakras which is the purpose of this retreat. Hence, in these two days with me, I’ll share with you:
- Seed syllables of all chakras
- Correct pronunciation of those syllables
- Benefits of meditating on each chakra
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- Ideal diet while practicing chakra meditation
- Ways to intensify your practice
Since, we only have a weekend to cover this, and this is a level-three retreat, I'll be spending less time (or none) on story-telling and we'll delve straight into the crux of the matter. If you wish to know about the origins of the Kundalini practice or the core text on which my practice is based, please thumb through my book on Kundalini.
- 200 spots. All spots only on a first come, first served basis.
- This is a non-residential program that will start at 10am and finish at 4pm everyday. Lunch will be served.
- The venue details will be given to the confirmed participants two months before the retreat.
- You are responsible for your to-and-fro travel to the venue and for your accommodation.
- You will need to wear comfortable white clothes throughout the camp. At least, the top should be white. Lowers can be pants or jeans etc.
- Ideally, you should be able to sit on the floor during meditation. [Chairs will be provided for those who can't.]
- Children below the age of 12 are not allowed on this camp.
- All discourses will be in English only.
Rs. 6750 per person + 18% GST
Please note that once your payment goes through successfully, you will receive an email from payumoney. This means that your spot is automatically confirmed. You need not contact us. You'll hear from us in November 2018 with more information including venue details and nearby accommodation you can take up. If you still have any questions, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the event is booked out, we are unable to help you with any spot requests.
Overseas residents can pay using PayPal. Please use the link below.