Please note that this will be the only Gayatri sadhana camp outside India for the next 12 months.
Gayatari mantra is considered the mother of all Vedic mantras, for Gayatri -- also known as Savitri, is called Vedmata (The mother of Vedas). Of the many types of gayatri mantras, the most popular is Savitur Gayatri - the mantra of Mother Divine. The sages of yore used Gayatri mantra to awaken their latent energy and to reach the deepest recess of their minds, to experience the vast expansiveness of consciousness. Chanting and understanding of Gayatri mantra is the basis of sanatana dharma, in fact.
Personally, I've benefitted from this mantra immensely in my own life too. In this camp in English on Gayatri mantra, I invite you to chant the mantra with me, understand what you need to do in your daily life to imbibe the wisdom and insights that come from correct chanting of Gayatri. And most importantly, how to do the rites of invocation (puruscharana) to actually benefit from this mantra.
- This is a 2 day non-residential program that will start at 10am and finish at 4pm everyday.
- HST of 13% applies to the ticket price. The price includes the Eventbrite processing fee.
- Lunch is included in the cost of the ticket.
- The path of mantra sadhana is never a substitute for hard work or good decisions. So, I strongly denounce any blind faith or superstition. Chanting the gayatri mantra does not mean that you can sit at home overlooking sincerity and hardwork and expect results, for example. What mantra sadhana does is it puts you in touch with yourself, it helps you align yourself with Nature or energies around you so that you are in a greater state of harmony. This helps you to reach your goal(s) in a more effective manner.
- You are responsible for your to-and-fro travel to the venue as well as accommodation.
- This camp is not a camp of initiation. I'm extremely selective about who I initiate. So, I won't be initiating you into the mantra of gayatri. What I will do though is to share with you how to allow the guru inside you to initiate you so that you are not dependent on me or anyone else for this mantra or any other.
- My book "The Ancient Science of Mantras" is a mandatory prerequisite reading if you want to truly understand and practice mantra sadhana.
- Chanting gayatri mantra is not simply meditating on a certain sound (for that you have meditation). Mantra sadhana requires faith and devotion in God. If you don't believe that God exists or can have a form, this camp is not for you. With such mindset, you'll gain more from practicing meditation instead. Mantra sadhana is futile without bhakti (devotion) and shradha (reverence).
- Ideally, you should be able to sit on the floor during meditation. Please bring your own small cushion or yoga mat for the floor – if required. [Chairs will be provided for those who can't].
- Children below the age of 12 are not allowed to participate in this camp.
- All discourses will be in English only.
All glories to Mother Divine.
Strictly no refunds are allowed at all. Please think over before you register. Payments made for this camp cannot be adjusted towards any other camp or event.