Numerous parents have been requesting us to hold another transformation retreat for teens after the last one in May. We are pleased to announce one during the Christmas weekend. Teen years are probably the most important and most fragile in anyone's life. This is when our patterns are set and our habits are formed. While many people go through great transformation later on in their lives, the truth is, it is in teenage that we develop (or demolish) a sense of confidence and self-worth. Those who can find their feet while still in adolescence, find it lot easier to deal with the daunting challenges of life later on.
With self-exploration and raging hormones, with profound biological and physiological changes come all forms of confusions and conceptions in the mind of a teenager. Those who appear confident, even cocky, get most attention among their peers. The need for attention, the desire to look "cool" and a general lack of support at the right time lead most teenagers into doing things they actually never wanted to do. I have never met a young adult who wants to fail in life, they all want to succeed, to do well. Yet, most of them are unable to focus, to concentrate and work towards a better, a safer, future.
Those who have attended this retreat earlier can do so again if they wish to reinforce what they learned and clear any doubts.
In this retreat, exclusively for teens and youth (upto the age of 21), my primary focus will be to help them learn the following:
I'll share insights on how to inculcate discipline in your life so you may realize your goals. Plus, I'll touch upon how defining and visualizing success can help you actually attain it.
You'll be introduced to the basics of meditation so you may adopt it in your life for better focus, concentration and for inner peace and strength.
We have more distractions today than we ever did in the history of mankind. Facebook, Whatsapp, instant messaging, phones, social conversations, video games and all, there's just too much going on. These are not bad and it's even okay to indulge sometimes but not when you want to study, for example. Overcoming distractions, in my view, is the greatest challenge for any young adult.
Following on from the three points above, you'll automatically develop a better sense of judgement and responsibility. I'll be sharing practical tips to overcome procrastination.
This is the worst culprit, I feel. Those who learn to not only handle peer pressure but transform it into a positive challenge to develop their own conviction and self-esteem turn into some of the most successful individuals later on.
Finally, success in all relationships depends on your communication skills. How and when you say what you want to say, how clearly are you able to articulate yourself makes all the difference. Communication depends a great deal on the clarity of thought. And, following the first five will most certainly result in better communication skills. Plus, I'll be sharing my insights into the art of communication.
In this retreat, since most participants will be appearing for exams in March, I'll specifically cover how to prepare for exams in the most effective way. Those who succeed are not always those who stare at books continuously. More often than not, success is a matter of mindset.
80 No spots left. On a first come, first served basis.
2. 3 nights, 4 days. Arrive on the 25th Dec (lunch will be served on arrival) and depart on the 28th (light refreshments will be served on departure).
3. The venue is a beautiful resort of international repute with plush accommodation.
4. You are responsible for your to-and-fro travel to the venue. You can do travel tie-ups with other attendees for convenience and cost savings.(The list of attendees will be provided to all the registrants by the first week of November.)
5. You will need to wear comfortable white uppers throughout the retreat. For example, you can wear a white shirt or a T-shirt. For lowers you can wear jeans and track pants.
6. The first forty registrants will be allotted accommodation on a twin-share basis. The remaining may have to go for triple sharing depending on the number of registrants.
7. You must be minimum 13 years old to a maximum of 21.
8. Parents will not be allowed to stay with the children.
9. Please note that this retreat is exclusively for teens and youth and parents won't be allowed to participate in the discourses, Q&A and other group activities. Only those parents/volunteers approved as observers will be allowed to sit in for the discourses and Q&A.
10. All discourses, Q&A and other interactive sessions will be in English only.
All meals included (breakfast, lunch, dinner and a tea-break). The first forty registrants will be on twin-share basis and the subsequent registrants may be put in triple sharing in bigger rooms/suites depending on the number of registration requests.
Sep 30 or 65 registrations (whichever is earlier). Registrations Closed.
You can pay using Paypal or any standard credit or debit card. We require 100% payment upfront if paid using this method. Click on "Buy Now" to make the full payment now and reserve your spot.
Your details: 1. Your full name. 2. Your relationship with the child. (Father/Mother/Self/Guardian etc.) 3. Your contact number 4. City, state and country of residence.
Your child/participant's details: (for each child you are enrolling) 1. Attendee's (Your child's) full name. 2. Gender. 3. Date of Birth 4. Is he/she fluent in English? (All discourses will be in English only)
Other information: 1. Any comments or special requests (like food allergies etc.) 2. Deposit reference/confirmation number (if any.)
We'll confirm your spot as soon as we receive the deposit.
1. You are responsible to ensure pick up and drop off of your child/children from the venue. Having said that, as mentioned earlier, we'll share the list of all the attendees in the first week of November so you may pool with other parents/attendees. The venue is a two-hour drive from Delhi. 2. If you are really keen in attending the retreat but can't pay due to any financial difficulties or other issues, drop us a note on firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your circumstances and we'll let you know if we can do anything for you.