Message from Om Swami
śudhyanti dānaiḥ santuṣṭyā
Gradually, with the passage of time, bathing purifies the body; austerities purify old tendencies of the mind; charity purifies the wealth; contentment purifies the mind and self-realization purifies the soul.
(Srimad Bhagavatam. 10.5.4)
You asked and we have done it.
We have created a very special event so you can make the best use of your time in the current uncertain and difficult times brought upon us by COVID-19.
Scriptures state that there are ten emotions that plague us from the moment we start to make sense of this world, if not from the moment we gain consciousness in the womb. These emotions are:
- Kama – Lust or Desires
- Krodha – Anger or Resentment
- Lobha – Greed or misplaced ambition
- Moha – Attachment or Obsession
- Ahamkara – Ego or Conceit
- Raga – Passion or attachment to pleasures
- Dvesha – Jealousy or Envy
- Bhaya – Fear or Phobias
- Ghrina – Hate or Contempt
- Lajja – Shame or Taboo
Somewhere, all of these arise from ignorance known as avidya or agyanta. The sattvic energy of Vishnu helps an aspirant in lasting self-purification by eradicating this very avidya. This progress, this evolution of the soul, is a gradual progress witnessed by the patient and persistent practitioner. But, at least, we can help you kickstart the process.
Beginning 21-Apr and ending on 5-May (15 days), we’ll have the following schedule. All times are in IST and discourses in English.
21-Apr :: 7:15 – 7:45 AM :: 30 min kickoff discourse by Om Swami.
21-Apr :: 8:00 – 8:45 AM :: 45 min discourse, chanting and meditation with Sadhvi Vrinda.
22-Apr to 1-May :: 7:15 AM – 8:00 AM :: Daily 45 min discourse, chanting and meditation with Sadhvi Vrinda.
2-May to 5-May :: 7:15AM – 8:00 AM :: Daily 45-min discourse with Om Swami
The discourses will have a brief piano performance by Adi Sharma.
Every day, we’ll chant the 12-lettered mantra of Maha Vishnu: Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya. On the first day, I will chant with you and on the subsequent days you are encouraged to chant on your own as well.
For the first 10 days, every day, we’ll work on one emotion, culminating on the 11thday. On the remaining four days, I’ll be sharing and condensing all the learning, wisdom and practical tips with you.
The total cost of this event is US$159.
Now, you may have noticed that this event is priced slightly higher than our other events in the past. That’s because, we need to raise funds for Sri Badrika Ashram which is going through a challenging phase too due to the lockdown. By joining this event, you will be helping Sri Badrika Ashram and your generosity will mean a lot.
- Once your payment is through, your email will be entered in our system.
- You will receive your login credentials by 20-Apr 5pm IST.
- Anyone registering for the event after 20-Apr will receive their login details within 24 hours from the time of registration.
- The event will be broadcast live at the times given above and you will have access to this event for five months during which you can view it as many times as you like.
- Only one device per registration is allowed. So, if you buy access to this virtual event, you are welcome to watch it with your entire family as a group as long as you are watching from the same device.
- I reiterate, only one person will be able to login at one time.
- This event is being exclusively conducted by Sri Badrika Ashram and is not connected to os.me or Black Lotus in any way. Therefore, there are no os.me member discounts of any nature.
- If you have any questions regarding this event, you can ask by filling this form here. Any query regarding this event if sent to the os.me or Black Lotus team will go unanswered. Please direct any support requests for this event to the Badrika Ashram admin team from this form here.
- No refunds, transfers or adjustments towards other events are allowed.
- All discourses will be in English.
This is a charitable event. Your donation will directly help us in maintaining our gaushala, the ashram, and paying our staff. Do participate if your time and resources permit.
The total cost of this event is US$159.